Tuesday, September 8, 2009

5K for ALS

Off topic, but my dad was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) about 4 years ago. There is very little known about this disease and there is no treatment and no cure at this time.

On September 19th at 8:00 a.m. in Holladay, UT they are beginning an annual ALS 5k run/walk to help raise money for ALS research, since it is so greatly needed.

So if you are a runner, or even if you're not, but are looking for an excuse to exercise or donate to a great cause, I thought I'd let you know about this race. No pressure, but I wanted to get the word out since this is obviously near and dear to my heart. Our family will be participating and we'd love to have you join us! Here is the link for registration purposes and further info, if you're interested.
http://bobmarshall5k.com/race_info.htm
Thanks!

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

Good for you Jill- I will see what we can do to be there!! :)